Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's 7 minutes after midnight, January 1, and Vanguard rejected my IRA contribution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 7 minutes after midnight, January 1, and Vanguard rejected my IRA contribution!

This was going to be our earliest contribution ever. I'm disappointed I didn't get in at 12:00 exactly, however dinner wasn't done.

But when I attempted to make our contribution, Vanguard blocked me:

We are in the process of updating year-end retirement calculations. During this time, you will not be able to contribute to new or existing retirement accounts online, but you can perform any other functions on our site. Please return to our site at a later time to complete your transaction. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

Well, I'll try again in an hour.

Anyone else done yet?

Nice work getting it in so soon (it's the thought that counts!)!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	backdoor roth.PNG
Views:	858
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	247601

Fidelity man, fidelity

Comment

No contribution is going to take effect before 1/4/2020 anyway. So why are you even bothering.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritrider View Post
          No contribution is going to take effect before 1/4/2020 anyway. So why are you even bothering.
          For the fun of it, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by spiritrider View Post
            because I'm ADD and will be like Jimmy Turner and forget if I don't do it immediately

Comment

Oh, the humanity!

Comment

Originally posted by racelari View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	backdoor roth.PNG
Views:	858
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	247601

Fidelity man, fidelity
                The way the Vanguard customer service is going Fidelity would be worth a shot, but the work retirement accounts are Vanguard so actually easier to keep all the accounts together.

Comment

For a minute there I thought you meant they had rejected your last minute contribution for last year. So glad to find out that you were just "first post"-ing it.

Comment

My guess as to why your IRA contribution was rejected would be related to their RMD service and what has to occur on 12/31 for the next year.

I would call next week and ask why.

We have had nothing but great experiences with Vanguard customer service-including their RMD service.

Comment

My transaction on vanguard just went through

Comment

I like the jokes here....tons of posts that are obviously first-world problems (no knock on us, I think we all realize that!) but this one really takes the cake for me

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post
                          My transaction on vanguard just went through
                          Yes, I was able to do it.

Comment

Interesting thread for the super-saver hobbyist.

Comment

will "funds transferred" pics be the vaccine selfies of WCI members?

Comment

Working...
                              X