Spousal retirement account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal retirement account?

So my wife transitioned from FT to PRN at her job, but still makes pretty decent money.  However she's no longer eligible to contribute to 401k.  What are the options given our income (~250K gross between the two) and the fact that I'm contributing to 401k?

So my wife transitioned from FT to PRN at her job, but still makes pretty decent money.  However she’s no longer eligible to contribute to 401k.  What are the options given our income (~250K gross between the two) and the fact that I’m contributing to 401k?

Backdoor Roth for both of you. Possible for your wife to negotiate to be paid as an IC since she is not eligible for benefits? She could set up a SOLO-k and continue contributing to her pre-tax retirement account. Although, at the 28% bracket, I'd consider a Roth option.

Good time to fund a taxable account to beef up retirement, too. 11 Reasons You Need a Taxable Investment Account
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
    X