403b rollover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 403b rollover

My wife is completing residency and starting fellowship with a different employer in July. She has has been contributing to her Roth 403b during residency and investing in the available Vanguard Target Retirement Funds. I still consider myself a newbie in this realm as this is new territory - I have never done a rollover before - but it seems that this is the perfect opportunity to rollover this Roth 403b to a Vanguard Roth IRA account. Does this sound reasonable? Any general thoughts/warnings on this or the mechanics of such a transaction? Rules/restrictions to be aware of? Common pitfalls? Etc. Thanks!

This is a simple transaction. You'll need a distribution form from her current employer to roll out - she should just ask for it when she leaves. Set up the account at Vanguard and follow the instructions. If you have any questions, either Vanguard support or the users of this forum will help, I'm sure.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

sounds like no rush as you can also leave it there since it seems to have good options. make sure to roll it over before retirement though (it will be subject to RMDs otherwise).

Comment

Working...
      X