Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 457b rollover into solo 401k

Hello All,

I have a question regarding  a potential rollover.

As a resident, I did some moonlighting at a county hospital and was placed into a 457b plan. Since graduating, I started In a private practice, where I set up an S-corp and also subsequently set up a solo 401k. I have since changed jobs and no longer get paid as an S-corp and will no longer be contributing new funds to the solo 401k.

My initial 457b plan was very limited in terms of what funds it offers. My question is the following: Can I rollover this 457b plan into my solo 401k, even if will no longer be contributing to the solo 401k, since I am now paid as a W2 employee and am no longer set up as an S-corp?

Thanks for your help.

I have a question regarding  a potential rollover.

As a resident, I did some moonlighting at a county hospital and was placed into a 457b plan. Since graduating, I started In a private practice, where I set up an S-corp and also subsequently set up a solo 401k. I have since changed jobs and no longer get paid as an S-corp and will no longer be contributing new funds to the solo 401k.

My initial 457b plan was very limited in terms of what funds it offers. My question is the following: Can I rollover this 457b plan into my solo 401k, even if will no longer be contributing to the solo 401k, since I am now paid as a W2 employee and am no longer set up as an S-corp?

If your former employer plan was a governmental 457b and your current SOLO-k plan document accepts rollovers, you can. If your former employer was an NPO (which I doubt), then you cannot. Another option (if it was a governmental 457b) is to see if your current employer plan accepts such rollovers.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Great. Thanks so much for your help. Will rollover into my current employer's 401k.

Comment

Working...
      X