265K compensation limit on 403b/401k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265K compensation limit on 403b/401k?

I can't seem to find the answer...someone brought up that if you make over 265K (I think base salary), then you are limited in what can be contributed to 403b/401k. Seems to affected employer match/contributions? Does it affect my contributions? Very confused and did more than a simple google search and couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

I believe $265,000 is the maximum amount an employer can use when calculating matching contributions.  This is determined by the IRS, and I believe may be going up to $270,000 next year.

There are others on this forum far more knowledgeable than I am on this topic.

Comment

I believe $265,000 is the maximum amount an employer can use when calculating matching contributions.  This is determined by the IRS, and I believe may be going up to $270,000 next year.

There are others on this forum far more knowledgeable than I am on this topic.

That's right.

https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/401k-plans-deferrals-and-matching-when-compensation-exceeds-the-annual-limit

And it is going up to $270k for 2017.  Good research!
      Kon Litovsky, Principal, Litovsky Asset Management | [email protected] | 401k and Cash Balance plans for solo and group practices, fixed/flat fee, no AUM fees

Comment

Working...
      X