Do you make use of 401k NRATs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you make use of 401k NRATs?

Are you missing out on extra 401k contributions? Our September newsletter focuses on getting the maximum possible into your 401k every year. I don't mean $18k/$24k - I'm talking about $53k/$59k. There is almost a 50% chance that you qualify to do so, but you may not know about it.

Read Get $53k into your 401k every year and you can sign up for our free monthly newsletter (which is loaded with tricky sales tactics - NOT) by clicking on the Subscribe Now button here.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Thanks, Johanna. That article was really helpful. I've emailed my HR department and will definitely take advantage if offered.

Update: not offered here.  Bummer.

Comment

Update: not offered here.  Bummer.

So sorry - maybe you and your co-workers can campaign for a change. It really shouldn't make any difference to your employer (no costs) and it's a great benefit. I think the main problem now is simply ignorance about the change in tax laws.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Are you missing out on extra 401k contributions? Our September newsletter focuses on getting the maximum possible into your 401k every year. I don’t mean $18k/$24k – I’m talking about $53k/$59k. There is almost a 50% chance that you qualify to do so, but you may not know about it.

Read Get $53k into your 401k every year and you can sign up for our free monthly newsletter (which is loaded with tricky sales tactics – NOT) by clicking on the Subscribe Now button here.

After tax contributions don't work in most retirement plans.  This is because such a plan won't pass testing if only the HCEs are making such contributions.  That's why group plans with non-HCE employees don't do it.  They instead would do profit sharing.  This is a great technique that is used primarily used by individual retirement plan contributors with only spouse employees.
        Kon Litovsky, Principal, Litovsky Asset Management | [email protected] | 401k and Cash Balance plans for solo and group practices, fixed/flat fee, no AUM fees

Comment

Thanks for reading my article, Kon! 

Comment

My plan allows NRATs but last time I asked they did not allow in service distributions. But honestly didn't feel like the person I spoke to knew for sure. I just emailed them again. Fortunately my employer gives a generous match so not a whole lot of NRAT space left but it's still something.

Comment

Working...
            X