No announcement yet.

WTH? Fundrise eREIT bought my property!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTH? Fundrise eREIT bought my property!

I had one investment with Fundrise before they decided to go the eREIT route, which I didn't like so much. The investment was a 14% preferred return on an apartment building in Salt Lake City being built from the ground up. It's been paying us 14% since July 2015 like clockwork. It was supposed to run for 36 months. Well, after 27, they've decided to sell it....to their own eREIT! I guess that's one way to get rid of their "legacy" investments.

At any rate, 100% of my principle returned and 14% returns. I guess I can't complain too much.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

I wonder what the regs are for something like this.  Typically it is difficult for an investment manager to transfer an asset from one fund to another since investors not common to each fund may benefit or be harmed.  Was the return to the preferred capped at 14%?  If so, I guess it doesn't matter for you, but wonder about the other shareholders.

Comment

Yes, it was capped at 14% on that particular deal. And I got 14%. And the paperwork indicated the deal could end before the 36 months were up. I just didn't expect it to end that way.
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I have seen similar sales.  It is not illegal.  One company buying property from another company.  For you, it is an early payout.  What was your final IRR?

Comment

My spreadsheet

I have seen similar sales.  It is not illegal.  One company buying property from another company.  For you, it is an early payout.  What was your final IRR?

My spreadsheet says the XIRR annualizes out to 13.66%. Hard to complain about that.

Comment

Working...
          X