MLG Capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLG Capital

Has anyone invested with MLG Capital in previous funds, and have feedback to share? Looking at latest fund introduced by WCI today, seems they have much more experience than many crowd funded options. Any idea on average how many K1s one could expect with this type of fund.

Yes. Experience and a much longer track record is one of the big pluses with this company. Very diversified as well (lots of properties in lots of states). There is a downside to that diversification as well, of course, with a higher likelihood of having to file in multiple states at some point if you use the K-1 version of the fund. They do have a 1099 version though that allows you to avoid that issue if you desire.

My 2021 MLG K-1 (Fund IV) was 45 pages long and included a K-1 or K-1 equivalent for AZ, FL, GA, IL, IA, MN, NM, NC, OH, OK, PA, and VA, but it did not cause me to have to file in any of those states in this, the first year I owned the fund.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jim. For the novice to this space what would trigger needing to actually file in those states, earned income in those states?

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoupe View Post
        Thanks for the reply Jim. For the novice to this space what would trigger needing to actually file in those states, earned income in those states?
        Exactly. Just look at lines 1-7 on the K-1 (mostly line 2). Nothing positive? No need to file. But the requirement to file is different in every state.
        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I’m invested in fund V. Overall very positive experience. Communication and distributions are like clockwork. I like that they use a little less leverage, targeting a LTV ~65%, perhaps making it slightly less risky at the expense of a little less upside.

Comment

Working...
          X