Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Investing Southern Ohio SFR Portfolio

Hi,
    ​​​​​​I am considering investing with Alpha Investing on a real estate opportunity.

WCI used to recommend them in their newsletters.

When speaking with Alpha, they said WCI no longer recommends them because they were getting too many inquiries for smaller investments.

Does anyone know if that is accurate or is there another reason they are no longer recommended on these monthly emails?

Anyone have any experience investing with Alpha good or bad?

I just noticed there was recently a similar question posted on this forum (link below) but any other feedback is welcome.

​​​​​​https://forum.whitecoatinvestor.com/...r-syndications

Comment

Originally posted by KMAC View Post
      Hi,
      ​​​​​​I am considering investing with Alpha Investing on a real estate opportunity.

When speaking with Alpha, they said WCI no longer recommends them because they were getting too many inquiries for smaller investments.

Does anyone know if that is accurate or is there another reason they are no longer recommended on these monthly emails?

Anyone have any experience investing with Alpha good or bad?
      Yes -- they prefer investors with at least $50k to $100k. Most deals are set up in a way that limits them to 99 investors. So $10k to $20k is generally not enough to make sense for them.

I wouldn't characterize it as WCI no longer recommending them -- he stops short of using that term with any real estate company / platform -- but he may not promote them to the same extent that he did before, if at all.

Comment

They are an excellent company and they simply don't need to pay to advertise anymore with WCI. They have talked about limiting investments to higher amounts to to allow them to get into bigger deals with the 99 investor max that exists with the LP structure. I invest with them and would recommend them. I'm not investing with this current deal as I don't want an extra state tax filing in Ohio. I'm also warry that single family home investments are going to face some serious backlash in the near future with affordability issues rising and risk of extra regulation though I doubt that will come up in the timeline of this particular investment. Also an issue with Alpha is they don't offer an evergreen structure of 1031 option with their investments so the after tax return may not be a as good as some other options that do.

Comment

Originally posted by KMAC View Post
          Hi,

Yes, that's accurate except the word recommend. We don't recommend anyone. We introduce you. The due diligence is on you.
          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
          X