Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with CityVest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

    Yes, it's interesting. Those who love it love it, but as far as reach and growth, both the Facebook Group and Subreddit whoop the forum hands down.
    Well, thanks for keeping the forum around. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but the chances I would join a Reddit thread are small, and near zero for a FB group. Heck I won’t even join my family’s FB group because of how much I genuinely despise the way FB operates. But obviously many people care not about data privacy and manipulation.
    Last edited by Larry Ragman; 03-27-2022, 04:02 AM.

    Comment


    • There is a wealth of “data” on many topics. The search feature (from my perspective) is rather limited. Rather than cataloging this “data warehouse”, an intuitive enhanced search function with algorithms might enable the Forum to generate a ton more traffic, thus more ad hits.

      Google didn’t create a catalog of the internet, they created algorithms for relevance or exact matches. This search says “too many” or “nothing found”.
      Example: “Backdoor Roth Home Page”
      Just saying the data warehouse is difficult to use for a casual lurker and even most users. That data has value.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tim View Post
        There is a wealth of “data” on many topics. The search feature (from my perspective) is rather limited. Rather than cataloging this “data warehouse”, an intuitive enhanced search function with algorithms might enable the Forum to generate a ton more traffic, thus more ad hits.

        Google didn’t create a catalog of the internet, they created algorithms for relevance or exact matches. This search says “too many” or “nothing found”.
        Example: “Backdoor Roth Home Page”
        Just saying the data warehouse is difficult to use for a casual lurker and even most users. That data has value.
        Not sure about the ad side of things, but the search function is extremely limited. Frustratingly so.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bovie View Post

          Not sure about the ad side of things, but the search function is extremely limited. Frustratingly so.
          Pages views and the time spent and referrals are the economic drivers. WCI was only discussing number of subscriptions. If lurkers found the data warehouse more useful, much likely to subscribe to the Forum. Your question is very valid, would it monetize? Might not be known until after.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Larry Ragman View Post
            Well, thanks for keeping the forum around. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but the chances I would join a Reddit thread are small, and near zero for a FB group. Heck I won’t even join my family’s FB group because of how much I genuinely despise the way FB operates. But obviously many people care not about data privacy and manipulation.
            I don't despise how FB operates. Evidently many people are willing to trade their privacy for the things the company offers. I am not, but each to their own. I don't have a FB account, have never contributed to their profits and they leave me alone. Seems a fair deal.

            On the other hand, I have no problem with using reddit, which one can do without setting up an account. Combine that with ad blocking, not setting cookies, etc and I get to learn others' thoughts without becoming an asset of the company.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by G View Post

              And by the way, since it is almost time for the Q1 report, did anybody hear about 2021 Q4 or 2021 Q3?
              So it looks like cityvest has now listed the 21 Q3 and 21 Q4 reports...while suggesting they were posted 11/15/21 and 2/28/22, respectively.

              Which, of course, is utter nonsense. Just adding to the paper trail of this highly reputable organization....

              Comment


              • VNQ

                Comment


                • Originally posted by G View Post

                  I am assuming nobody has heard about a K-1 from CityVest Pathfinder. The "portal" lists the distribution for 12/30/21, but the check is listed as 1/5/22. So...when I file for my extension, do I estimate the income for 2021 or not? And what happens when you find out after the filing deadline that you should have filed in states that you didn't even know about?

                  And by the way, since it is almost time for the Q1 report, did anybody hear about 2021 Q4 or 2021 Q3?

                  Sorry, VagabondMD , on a hassle : profit analysis, this is the worst investment I've ever made.
                  Breaking news! The Pathfinder K-1's have dropped. If you hurry, you can still file on time...unless you are like me and waiting for more K-1's.

                  Comment


                  • Just looking at the Pathfinder update from July 2022 where they mention a return of 75% of capital. I added up my numbers and distributions from Cityvest are 55%. It'd be nice to see the expense breakdown.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X