What's up with CityVest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G View Post

And I was also also complaining that it's been 7 months since the last quarterly update, because, you know, it isn't called a semi-annual or annual update.
    Never too early to complain about that. There's a reason you haven't seen any CityVest ads here in the last couple of years. And that's it. Because you're complaining (like others before you).
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

Never too early to complain about that. There's a reason you haven't seen any CityVest ads here in the last couple of years. And that's it. Because you're complaining (like others before you).
      WCI, I'm just trying to understand your statement.
      Are you saying that you are not letting CityVest advertise here because they have poor communications with investors? Or are you saying that CityVest stopped advertising with you because we complain too much?

Again, just trying to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by HM7 View Post

WCI, I'm just trying to understand your statement.
        Are you saying that you are not letting CityVest advertise here because they have poor communications with investors? Or are you saying that CityVest stopped advertising with you because we complain too much?

Again, just trying to understand.
        The first. They still would love to advertise with us. And my investment with them is doing just fine. But it turns out I care a lot less about communication from operators than most WCIers.
        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

The first. They still would love to advertise with us. And my investment with them is doing just fine. But it turns out I care a lot less about communication from operators than most WCIers.
          Kudos to WCI for actually being straight to the point, AGAIN.
          Another realty fund WCI took extra steps to investigate an issue.
          He also clearly points out his conflicts of interest and that advertising is not a recommendation that it is suitable for you.
          Just a thumbs up for integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Kudos to WCI for actually being straight to the point, AGAIN.
            Another realty fund WCI took extra steps to investigate an issue.
            He also clearly points out his conflicts of interest and that advertising is not a recommendation that it is suitable for you.
            Just a thumbs up for integrity.
            Heck, we don't even operate under the suitability standard. You certainly shouldn't mistake us for a fiduciary. We do feel some moral obligation to our audience to not advertise total crap, but there certainly isn't any legal obligation there.

Comment

Heck, we don't even operate under the suitability standard. You certainly shouldn't mistake us for a fiduciary. We do feel some moral obligation to our audience to not advertise total crap, but there certainly isn't any legal obligation there.
              You get what you pay for. Value is a different question. A lot of value is one chooses to use it. So glad you kept the forum when the "great crash occurred".

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

You get what you pay for. Value is a different question. A lot of value is one chooses to use it. So glad you kept the forum when the "great crash occurred".
                Yes, it's interesting. Those who love it love it, but as far as reach and growth, both the Facebook Group and Subreddit whoop the forum hands down.

Comment

Yes, it's interesting. Those who love it love it, but as far as reach and growth, both the Facebook Group and Subreddit whoop the forum hands down.
                  How do they compare in terms of quality of discussion, and especially advice?

Never visited either one.

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post

Obviously we're the coolest

Comment

• Originally posted by childay View Post

Obviously we're the coolest
                      Without a doubt. Just trying to gauge how much cooler

Comment

• Originally posted by bovie View Post

Definitely higher than the FB group. Forum members tend to have a little more ego than the redditors though. They're all good for different reasons and have different audiences. Most who use one do not use either of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

I’m surprised you say the subreddit outperforms the forum. It always seems pretty dead to me. A small handful of new posts a day each with typically 5 comments or less. Every time I swing by there, I am underwhelmed by the lack of activity or interesting discussion. I use Reddit a lot, and wouldn’t mind seeing that WCI community grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

I’m surprised you say the subreddit outperforms the forum. It always seems pretty dead to me. A small handful of new posts a day each with typically 5 comments or less. Every time I swing by there, I am underwhelmed by the lack of activity or interesting discussion. I use Reddit a lot, and wouldn’t mind seeing that WCI community grow.
                            I'm mostly going by registered members here (a number that never goes down) vs subscribers to that subreddit (a number which can go down when people unsubscribe, but is much higher than the # here and growing much faster.)

Comment

• Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

I'm mostly going by registered members here (a number that never goes down) vs subscribers to that subreddit (a number which can go down when people unsubscribe, but is much higher than the # here and growing much faster.)
                              Gotcha, well it is certainly much easier to click subscribe on Reddit than it is to register for a forum. Also I assume there are a lot of lurkers in both settings, I would guess more here since prior discussion topics are more easily searchable. I hope it perks up, maybe having someone regularly post topics (mirroring the website, or some of the classics) or would encourage more activity and discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

Gotcha, well it is certainly much easier to click subscribe on Reddit than it is to register for a forum. Also I assume there are a lot of lurkers in both settings, I would guess more here since prior discussion topics are more easily searchable. I hope it perks up, maybe having someone regularly post topics (mirroring the website, or some of the classics) or would encourage more activity and discussion.
                                Hard to say what the "right amount" of discussion is. There are downsides to a forum that is too busy. Look at bogleheads with hundreds of topics a day. You can't even read a tenth of them. Look at the WCI FB group where they scroll off so fast someone else asks the same question 2 days later, not knowing it was just asked. You don't necessarily want it dead, but it doesn't have to be crazy busy to be useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X