Origin IncomePlus fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin IncomePlus fund

I was just reading the PPM for the Origin IncomePlus fund and got to the part with "tax forms to expect" and read "multiple state K-1's." For anyone with this investment, how many state K-1s have you been receiving? I know this fund just started in 2019, but how many state K-1s are you expecting you may have to deal with? How does this compare to the DLP housing fund? What other comparisons between the two funds (or sponsors) seem noteworthy? Thanks

After someone in the CityVest thread said this:

”So, if I'm reading it correctly, my investment is filing K-1s in 6 states.

Anybody reading this, note that there is zero chance that this is worth the time and money. Even if I had invested 20X as much, it would still not be worth it.”

I feel like part of the due diligence process is doing due diligence on myself: how many shenanigans am I willing to tolerate for tax efficiency, diversification, and returns available in this asset class.

I have already made an investment with DLP in the housing fund. I feel like it would be wise to have some sponsor diversification, especially when making investments this large.

Although the Origin IncomePlus fund is not being actively promoted on the WCI network, WCI and POF have both said they have investments in this fund, so… I am asking around about it.

If I took the money I want to invest with Origin, and invested more with DLP it might reduce complexity at tax time.

Comment

I received a single K-1 from Origin based on my investment in the IncomePlus fund.

In the Footnotes, it says "No item of income or deduction on your schedule K-1 is sourced to any state. Origin IncomePlus Fund LLC does not have nexus to any state or have any gross receipts, property, or payroll derived from any state."

So, it's a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by PhysicianOnFIRE View Post
        I received a single K-1 from Origin based on my investment in the IncomePlus fund.

In the Footnotes, it says "No item of income or deduction on your schedule K-1 is sourced to any state. Origin IncomePlus Fund LLC does not have nexus to any state or have any gross receipts, property, or payroll derived from any state."

So, it's a non-issue.
        This is what I remember hearing about this fund as well when I spoke to their rep and watched their webinar.

Comment

I'm also an investor in the Origin Income Plus fund. Single K1. No State K1s.

Comment

I am looking to invest in the income fund, but I am trying to reduce the on boarding fee. 250K gets you to 1% and 1 mil to 0.5%. I only want to add 100K the minimum. Would anyone be wiling to offer acknowledgment for me to get the lower fee? Origin will allow investors to a loose association and take the cumulative amount together to calculate the fee. You may even get some money back if you paid higher fees in the past. Threshold 250K 1% 1 mil 0.5%. I do not need to know your investment, just that together we would surpass 250K or 1 mil thresholds.

Comment

Working...
            X