Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need a course on real estate investing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need a course on real estate investing?

I find that many physician websites such as WCI and others offer courses on wealth building, with real estate investing being the main course for most. This is on my list of things to do at some point but I wonder what would a real estate investment course offer?

It's a great wealth builder...for the people that give the course.

Comment

Real estate courses are right up there with mentoring groups and credit card junkies....

Comment

I have owned multifamily and single family rentals since 2005 and educated myself for 2 years before jumping in by reading books and getting free info from online real estate sites. There is a ton of good free info online now and I see no need for shelling out a lot of money for one of these courses. It takes discipline to get the info and if someone really doesn't want to spend the time and effort I doubt one of these courses would give them enough info to jump in but maybe it could give them a boost in the right direction. Unfortunately I've been told most of them are limited and used to "upsell" the attendees to other courses and spend more $.

Comment

If you're used to paying for entry level information...yeah courses. Most 100-200 level stuff is available free searches. Lessons learned on specific niches are worthwhile once you've settled on a specific sector if you seek that knowledge but usually not worthwhile until you've owned/tried things out a bit.

Just like specific stock trading. Your gut and personal involvement and choices are more to equation than the actual methodology beyond the business x and o's

Comment

If you are one of those who buys just because the market is hot and you can make a tone of money owning one home after another each year so that you can own 50 rental properties, this course is for you. To learn the basics and bring you down to earth,.

But if you are one of those who read up on a ton of stuff before you make the first purchase, you can skip real estate investing courses.

Comment

Originally posted by dennis View Post
              I have owned multifamily and single family rentals since 2005 and educated myself for 2 years before jumping in by reading books and getting free info from online real estate sites. There is a ton of good free info online now and I see no need for shelling out a lot of money for one of these courses. It takes discipline to get the info and if someone really doesn't want to spend the time and effort I doubt one of these courses would give them enough info to jump in but maybe it could give them a boost in the right direction. Unfortunately I've been told most of them are limited and used to "upsell" the attendees to other courses and spend more $.
              Any recs on books to get your feet wet in RE? I've been reading on bigger pockets, which is helpful, but I really like having a few good books to build my foundation

Comment

Originally posted by jellowars View Post

Any recs on books to get your feet wet in RE? I've been reading on bigger pockets, which is helpful, but I really like having a few good books to build my foundation
                "ABCs of Real Estate Investing" by Ken Mc Elroy, easy to find on Amazon. "Deal Maker's Guide to Commercial Real Estate" by Ray Alcorn, now probably our of print and hard to find, depends on what niche in which you intend to invest.

Comment

Real estate investing is like medical school in a way. What kind of doctor do you want to be? You actually need to dip your toe in the water and don't drowned!
                  The second property will hopefully be better.
                  Buy low and run it at a positive cash flow and sell at a profit. Free advice.

Comment

My property manager just notified me that the HOA is requiring I need to get my rental painted. 8k(have a long property line fence that needs painting too.) Fun times.

Comment

Working...
                    X