evaluating a $700k mountain property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
    But I hope it offers the competition that is needed to drive down cable prices.
    Starlink isn't designed as a competitor to city cable/fiber internet services. It's supposed to be a competitor to traditional rural internet like Hugesnet which is just super awful and expensive.

Comment

WHat is your targeted weekly rental price ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

Starlink isn't designed as a competitor to city cable/fiber internet services. It's supposed to be a competitor to traditional rural internet like Hugesnet which is just super awful and expensive.
        Why can it not do both?

Comment

Depends on your city I guess. Right now it's $500 for the dish and $100 a month for like 100-150 mbps (although it's supposed to double soon). Most city internet services beat that. Also you need a clear line of sight to the sky, so no big trees or buildings nearby. In rural areas there's nothing but no/terrible options so this would bring internet there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Why can it not do both?
            That would be nice and i think eventually it will. Once they deploy enough satellites cover everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post
              [no cell slow internet]
              im out.
              I'm in. But not for 700k for only 12 acres. That better be a real nice cabin.

Comment

Working...
              X