X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account type for private RE investing

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I just wanted to see people's thoughts on a general consensus for account type (where the money is coming from) when investing in RE syndications/funds?

I figure it would be best from a taxable brokerage account given the RE tax benefits. If so, would any brokerage work?

I know there a certain situations where a self-directed 401k or IRA (traditional or Roth) may be more optimal. I would be interested to hear people's rationales on either option.

Thanks!

If you're talking about investing in a private placement, then there is no "account" needed. You're just going to have to wire the cash or cut a check to the sponsor/fund/etc. You can also invest in these vehicles through a SD 401/IRA if so inclined, although depending on the exact investment you're looking at, it may not make much sense to put funds in a tax efficient investment in a tax deferred/free account.

You certainly don't need anything other than a bank account to contribute the capital for a private syndication or fund though.

Comment

We work with many investors who invest solo 401K or self directed IRA into our deals. You can also easily submit payment through ACH.

Best,
      Ryan
      RE investor/advisor
      Real Estate Investment Advisor
      FixedIncomeMd.com

Comment

Working...
      X