• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundrise

Anyone use this app? Any feedback?

or crowdstreet?

Comment

I had never heard of those so I googled Fundrise and saw where they considered themselves low cost but they charge a 0.15% advisory fee and a 0.85% asset management fee. Is that really considered low cost when VGSIX has an ER of 0.26%?

Comment

According to Fundrise's website, the private real estate deals are 5+ years. So you need to factor in how much you will lose every year on expenses, and subtract that from their average returns.

It may be the case that investing in VNQ or any other REIT index will give you similar (or possibly even better) returns for a lot less hassle and more liquidity.

Comment

Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
          It may be the case that investing in VNQ or any other REIT index will give you similar (or possibly even better) returns for a lot less hassle and more liquidity.
          but VNQ doesn't have an app for my phone

Comment

I invested in Fundrise in the past. Fairly easy to use and deploy capital, but very vague information about the investment properties, and cash flow was around 6%, which is OK, but there is no appreciation aspect to the returns, and they take a fee if you want to withdraw funds before their deadline. Syndications offer higher returns generally, but aren't liquid at all, plus they are not as extremely diversified as a REIT like that.

Comment

Working...
            X