Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great real estate success story- retired cop worth 400 mm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great real estate success story- retired cop worth 400 mm.

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-drug-cop-owns-millions-of-dollars-real-estate-nyc-2019-6

I guess allI can say is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHzGxEzDQA

That is a great story! I've done well, although not that well lol, with upcoming neighborhoods residential city real estate. The areas were obviously on the upswing therefore more expensive and in a fairly sectioned off region which aided in gentrification. In many cases I have seen attempts at speculation in downtrodden neighborhoods result in nothing more than than hassles with no increase in value. It seems to me there is a fair amount of luck involved.

Comment

Ever since Miami Vice narcotics detectives have ranked at the top of law enforcement compensation surveys. Very competitive field. Just sarcasm. There is a credibility problem in the local unit.

Comment

That is a great story! I’ve done well, although not that well lol, with upcoming neighborhoods residential city real estate. The areas were obviously on the upswing therefore more expensive and in a fairly sectioned off region which aided in gentrification. In many cases I have seen attempts at speculation in downtrodden neighborhoods result in nothing more than than hassles with no increase in value. It seems to me there is a fair amount of luck involved.

Its also been appreciating for 50 years. That helps.

Comment

Sure. Although when he bought those properties NYC was in what appeared to be an irrevocable death spiral. He definitely went against prevailing wisdom and bought in areas that no one thought would ever come back. His returns are crazy- one property is worth one hundred and thirteen times his initial investment.

One wonders, though, if he'd have met with as much luck had he been a cop in Detroit. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit there was a lot of luck involved.

Comment

Sure. Although when he bought those properties NYC was in what appeared to be an irrevocable death spiral. He definitely went against prevailing wisdom and bought in areas that no one thought would ever come back. His returns are crazy- one property is worth one hundred and thirteen times his initial investment.

One wonders, though, if he’d have met with as much luck had he been a cop in Detroit. I’m sure he’d be the first to admit there was a lot of luck involved.

Right, but give it 50 years in adjacent one of the most important financial cities in the world and lots of things can happen, with mostly an upside tilt to things.

Comment

Working...
            X