No announcement yet.

CYAI - $1.1M home on Jersey Shores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had three hands, so I could give it a three thumbs down.

If not seeking academics, there should be private practice rad jobs paying 100k more. Saw some very high paying Jersey jobs in the past year, but I do not think they were in the most popular locations. OP should also consider moonlighting.

Comment

I kinda got hives just reading this scenario. Our situation looks somewhat similar (age, income) but wouldn't dare consider a house like that. And he has 4 kids and we have 2.      I will say if his spending is accurate, that's going well for them.

Comment

Our last edition of CYAI came out on Mother’s Day, 2 weeks ago. On that special occasion, I was spending the day in Nashville being pampered by my kids and grandkids then flew to Austin the next morning for the NAPFA Spring Conference. Iow, I didn’t get around to posting a notification about the column here.

Since XRAYVSN had a different plans for the CYAI space today, my current column has been bumped back 2 weeks to June 9. It’s a pretty slow weekend on the forum, so I decided to spice it up with the Jersey Shores edition from Mother’s Day.

The radiologist in this submission would like to purchase a $1.1M home in New Jersey. In this week’s column, XRAYVSN and I discuss the pro’s and con’s and our so-called methodology in arriving at a recommendation. How does AI influence XRAY’s decision? How does family size and savings rate influence mine? And how do we read between the lines to draw a conclusion? Read Dr. MTS’s story and our analysis to find out if you agree. I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: participation in this series is a labor of love on my part and I receive nothing for my paltry writing efforts (to be specific, “poorly written”, according to @fatlittlepig ? , an observation which tickled me…PINK!) except for the ad that XRAY insists on posting.

You couldn't pay me to live in New Jersey....

Comment

Snow canyon-I actually had a conversation with a nurse at work stating that I could only live in about ten states in this country, if price was not an issue (California made the list because of this, otherwise would have been out) I pulled up a US map and actually came up with eight. Let’s just say Jersey was in the 42.

Comment

We have been dreaming to have a shore house.  Jersey shore is one of our happy places.  Property taxes at the shore area is not as bad as areas nearer NYC.  though NJ income tax is high.  For us, this will not be our primary home.  1.1M  is high but not the nicest house.  there are nice houses that are not by the water (bayside or beach side).  I think a lot of the houses may still be owned by baby boomers.  on the next cycle, they may want to get rid of properties.   The home sales are declining so prices may go down in the future.  Or at least this is what we want to give us an opportunity to purchase.

as for the poster, salary seems low for a radiologist?  spending seems low for 4 kids so good for them, i wonder why savings rate is only 12%?

Comment

Snow canyon-I actually had a conversation with a nurse at work stating that I could only live in about ten states in this country, if price was not an issue (California made the list because of this, otherwise would have been out) I pulled up a US map and actually came up with eight. Let’s just say Jersey was in the 42.

B/c of weather or what?

Your post made me pull up a map. If you held a gun to my head and said "you are moving to X" there's only about 10 that would make me really depressed and that would mostly be due to just being kind of large empty spaces.

I mean I'm not itching to move to Oregon or Virginia but I could be perfectly happy there.

Comment

No gun to the head, just a ‘would I actually want to live there’. I don’t do the outdoors stuff, which eliminates quite a few states.

Comment

No gun to the head, just a ‘would I actually want to live there’. I don’t do the outdoors stuff, which eliminates quite a few states.

I think I could find an area in almost every state that I would be fine living long term.

Comment

Their money would go a lot further at this Jersey shore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Shore,_Pennsylvania

Comment

Click to expand…

You couldn’t pay me to live in New Jersey….

GTL, bro!

Comment

Click to expand…

You couldn’t pay me to live in New Jersey….
                        Click to expand…

GTL, bro!

Had to google that one lol

Comment

Working...
                        X