Help with starting an HSA for my Group Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with starting an HSA for my Group Practice

I've read about HSAs for several years and have asked our group's office manager to research options on multiple occasions without success.  I know they're a good deal and I'd like to get the information needed to present to my group and discuss.  It appears that my partners have interest, but none care about it enough to put in the extra work to get it started.  We are an 8 partner anesthesiology group in Alabama.  My research shows that Alabama is not a favorable state for HSA accounts due to big Blue being a quasi-monopoly here and lack of state tax protection.  Any advice in regards to how to get this going would be appreciated.  Looking forward to the conference later this week.

Thanks,

Brit

I can't speak personally about a HSA set up through a business but I've had great success with HSA Bank/Webster Bank in Sheboygan WI. I set it up all online. They allow investing of the HSA and have fairly minimal fees (~$60/year). WCI just had a post about this recently.

Comment

Thanks Sparty. I appreciate your reply. My research has led me to the conclusion that I will need to do an individual HSA with post tax dollars then file for the deduction each year. My biggest obstacle now is getting my health insurance changed to become HSA eligible.

Brit

Comment

Working...
      X