Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White.Beard.Doc
    replied
    We used mypaysolutions for our group when we were small.  Our accountant recommended them and they were a good service for a nominal cost.

When we got bigger we switched to paychex, which is more expensive but we have been happy with their high level of customer service.

Leave a comment:

• raddds
    replied
    Excel has a payroll template. It has to be set up but can generate payroll and pay stubs. https://www.wikihow.com/Prepare-Payroll-in-Excel  I have not used it but I am looking at it for 2018. I have done payroll for years and it is not that difficult. I also use the Business Services Online web site to generate W-2's and W-3's at years end.  https://www.ssa.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm

Leave a comment:

• beagler
    replied
    Payroll: Intuit DIY w/ Costco discount - cheap and nearly automated once setup, click to e-file/pay with appropriate reminders. Exports to Quickbooks or Quicken.

For simple business with minimal capital tracking consider Quicken. CPA will cringe, but it's cheap and works fine if setup properly and monitored monthly (you can get it out of balance). Auto downloads my credit card transactions. Imports from my bank to reconcile. Imports from payroll service auto categorized. Expenses auto categorized for tax filing.

I setup equity and shareholder draw accounts also profit/loss and balance sheet reports.

Quickbooks online also has Costco discount if you want.

Credit card merchant account for lowish volume - use Elavon with Costco discount it's impossible to beat and no sneaky fees.

VOIP phones Intermedia w/ Costco discount.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    I looked at Surepay.  It is $ 50 then $5/ employee per month.  Since I have 6 employees it will not help me.

Leave a comment:

• goatmom
    replied
    It was also suggested to me that I could use Bank of America or Wells Fargo - but that would mean switching banks.  I guess these are the headaches you avoid if being employed.  Thanks for all the suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    I've never used any of these but have looked into them (not quicken), and adp and paychex both seemed pretty reasonable and did it all for you. Anyone use these?

Leave a comment:

• RandomDoc
    replied
    I use SurePayroll to pay my nanny. I have been very pleased. They handle all tax forms/withholdings. I have been surprised with how good the customer service has been. They will do direct deposit to your employees’ accounts. It costs $50/month.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    A quick Google search turned up Payroll4Free. I've heard good things about Xero but it says you have to subscribe to the platform and it's not supported in all states.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    I use quickbooks for payroll also.  I complain every time I renew it.  I also use it to figure my housekeepers withholding.  I have wondered if their was a cheaper option also.

Leave a comment:

• goatmom
    replied
    Thank you Johanna for your reply.  I am already using quickbooks to track income and expenses.  The payroll part costs more.  Maybe that would be the easiest way to go.  My accountant is my BIL - he does it part time for family - he is not going to do my payroll.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    QuickBooks may seem expensive, but you get a lot for what you pay. It produces reconciled state and federal tax reports that are integrated into your bookkeeping. What would your accountant charge to do the payroll? Should be pretty simple and you're going to have to use it for the part-time person, anyway.

Be sure to set up Roth IRAs for your kids.

Leave a comment:

• goatmom
    started a topic Payroll

Payroll

Hi - I am a solo practice psych.  I don't accept any insurance and am going to start having someone help me part time.  My accountant also wants me to put my kids on payroll - they do my cleaning.   I use quickbooks for my accounting - was looking for a less expensive option than their payroll.   Want the easiest and least expensive option for my small practice.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
Working...
X