Structuring Contract for Admin Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Structuring Contract for Admin Time

I am considering taking a new position as a medical director in our organization, doing mainly care management clinical support and oversight. Previously, I was purely productivity with a small stipend for committee work related to care management, but this is a much more substantial role that will be salaried and involve me directly managing a small department, which was not previously a part of my job description. It will also require my presence three half-days a week for administrative activies, up from my previous one half-day.

What's the best way to structure this contract so I don't lose money from not being in clinic? I have a strong interest in the work and find it rewarding and a nice change of pace, but I'm not at the point where I'm willing to take a pay cut to do so.

Logic says that it should compensate you what you’d expect to make during the clinic time you’ll be missing.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
      Logic says that it should compensate you what you’d expect to make during the clinic time you’ll be missing.
      My logic says “plus a premium” of some type due to additional expertise/skills needed. You

Comment

Take a flat salary for the entire fte. You already have a taste of how current admin probably encroaches on clinical. That only expands as you ramp up admin time.

Your contract should be x.dollars fixed to what your productivity was previously. And the admin portion should be prorated of x rate + premium for the admin duties.

Lastly metric goals for the admin should be in place with appropriate bonuses that are scaled.

They are hiring you more for the admin expertise than clinical now. They should be paying appropriately for that and he shouldn't be punished for loss of productivity not any encroachment of those duties entail . Mission creep happens . It always does. You'll be working much more than 3.5 sessions

Comment

Working...
        X