Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Policies/ Handbook

Hi WCI readers,

I'm starting a private practice soon (NY). I need to have employment policies and wanted to know if you any of you guys used a handbook (from Nolo) or another service for private practice. The practice will be solo with about 4-5 employees. Thanks.

JPM

Absolutely better than zero handbook. And yes, a few clients have them, but not enough. Nolo is great for DIYers. If you’re working with an attorney experienced in this area, they s/b able to provide a template for you to use, too.
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by jeanpierremelville View Post
      Hi WCI readers,

I'm starting a private practice soon (NY). I need to have employment policies and wanted to know if you any of you guys used a handbook (from Nolo) or another service for private practice. The practice will be solo with about 4-5 employees. Thanks.

JPM
      try cedr solutions

Comment

would strike me as a good move for a host of reasons, particularly around termination/disciplinary action. i would put a bunch of things in there about professional behavior and tardiness.

seems businesslike as well, which is always a good thing when running a business.

just remember if you make a handbook you have to follow it for all employees, can't be turned on and off depending on whether or not you like someone personally.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
          would strike me as a good move for a host of reasons, particularly around termination/disciplinary action. i would put a bunch of things in there about professional behavior and tardiness.

seems businesslike as well, which is always a good thing when running a business.

just remember if you make a handbook you have to follow it for all employees, can't be turned on and off depending on whether or not you like someone personally.
          Lol - it would prob be a great idea for a doctor who has run a practice to set up and/or consult with an HR firm in this area. So much “before” and “after” perspective in a practice. Problem is that the HR firms doubtfully have that kind of foresight to understand the perspective that can be lent from boots on the ground.
          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
          X