Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overproduced

Outpatient family medicine, employed.

I’ve overproduced, meaning I only need to see 260pts per month for the next four mths in order to make my expected base pay. I usually see 80-100 per wk. so it seems I can take almost 1mth off work in the next four mths. I’m on wrvu based pay so my contract does not limit how much time off I take. I’m tempted just to do it to see the response from admin if any(as they’ve given me the silent treatment when I asked for a bump in wrvu rate recently. Not worried about dumping my work on other docs, I’m the only doc in clinic . Other staff are nps. I could handle stuff over the phone if needed. This would give me time to tackle some home projects that need to get done. I do understand I’d be given up some bonus pay which I’m ok with. Thoughts

Based on all your previous posts you need to spend that time finding a job where your dissatisfaction isn’t so high.

Comment

Reminds me of that episode of The Office where Jim hit his commission cap and just goofs off the rest of the year. More so than usual.

Comment

I would do it. At a certain point, financially the extra work just isn’t worth it. You’re paying tax on that money at your highest marginal rate. For me there’s an exponential relationship between extra work and aggravation. If the $/wRVU isn’t worth it to you, then it’s an easy call. I would guess your admin won’t say anything, unless they start getting calls about how hard it is to get in to see you and they start looking at your schedule. Otherwise all they’ll care about is that your production is = or > your base pay.

Comment

you either have a very good setup or a very bad one.

if you like the gig this sounds like kind of a cool feature that could allow for extended travel, mini sabbaticals etc in the future.

if you don't think just sounds like kind of a mess. you have massively overproduced and the only option your job has for you is to stop working? not a great system....

Comment

Or stop working Fridays...

Comment

I don't understand how it's possible to "overproduce" on a wrvu production model. Won't the extra RVU's generated above your base be reconciled as extra pay? Am I missing something here, isn't that how all production models work?

Comment

Originally posted by familydocPA View Post
                I don't understand how it's possible to "overproduce" on a wrvu production model. Won't the extra RVU's generated above your base be reconciled as extra pay? Am I missing something here, isn't that how all production models work?
                Yes, their production incentives suck so it isn't worth it to go much above their base pay.

Comment

Working...
                X