No announcement yet.

Pediatrician Salary/Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My partner is also a peds resident so very curious about this as well.

What have you all found is the best way to go about looking for jobs in pediatrics? Do people often use recruiter services or just directly reach out to practices they're interested in? And when is the best time to start reaching out? Is it a fairly competitive market right now or relatively easy to find a job?

Comment

Originally posted by eyeinvest View Post
      My partner is also a peds resident so very curious about this as well.

What have you all found is the best way to go about looking for jobs in pediatrics? Do people often use recruiter services or just directly reach out to practices they're interested in? And when is the best time to start reaching out? Is it a fairly competitive market right now or relatively easy to find a job?
      So what he have found was the most beneficial was reaching out to other pediatricians would have graduated from my wives residency. Once she knew what she was looking for in the practice she talked to chiefs/program admins/etc about other recent grads would had jobs like what she was looking for. She then reached out to them and that helped get the ball rolling.

She is currently a PGY2 and has been told that as she is looking more rural is the time to start. I don’t think anyone else in her program has really seriously started looking.

Comment

Originally posted by MD & DPT View Post

So what he have found was the most beneficial was reaching out to other pediatricians would have graduated from my wives residency. Once she knew what she was looking for in the practice she talked to chiefs/program admins/etc about other recent grads would had jobs like what she was looking for. She then reached out to them and that helped get the ball rolling.

She is currently a PGY2 and has been told that as she is looking more rural is the time to start. I don’t think anyone else in her program has really seriously started looking.
        That makes sense! Thanks for the advice. She is also a PGY-2 and the process sounds a little bit different than what I have heard in the surgical subspecialty I am in where people often use recruiters and also start looking 1+ years before they finish residency to start lining things up

Comment

Working...
        X