Letters of resignation advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters of resignation advice

Any pointers on writing a resignation email for an employed EM job? Short and sweet?

Thank them for the opportunity and give your required notice. Two sentences max.

Comment

Tell your boss verbally and hand it in. Include the date you're leaving.

Comment

Oh gosh, I can't just email them my two lines? I feel like I need proof for one thing, and also I'm chicken. And I have two directors.

Comment

Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post
          Oh gosh, I can't just email them my two lines? I feel like I need proof for one thing, and also I'm chicken. And I have two directors.
          As far as I am concerned, you are different. You only need one line, the date of resignation. Just saying, marching to your own drummer is not a bad thing.

Comment

Email both directors.

ā€Iā€™d like to put in my notice as of today. *Insert date* will be my last day. Thank you for the tremendous opportunity to work with the group.ā€

Ok, three sentences max.

Comment

Definitely email for legal proof.

Comment

I think you will be happier some place else.

Comment

KIS. Yes. Email both in same email

I am hereby notifying xxxx health group that my last day of work will be yyyy. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you for the past zzz years.

Sincerely,.

cc to your HR contact too. Plain and simple

Comment

https://youtu.be/gj2iGAifSNI
                    Texas traditional attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post

I am hereby notifying xxxx health group that my last day of work will be yyyy. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you for the past zzz years.

Sincerely,.

And CC yourself too as proof that you sent it and it was received, since yours went through cyberspace and landed back to you.
                      Last edited by Kamban; 03-18-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you all so much. This has been super duper helpful, and I appreciate everyone's advice.

Any thoughts on the subject line for the email?

Comment

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post

Sincerely,.

I also set up a face-to-face appointment with my director on the exact day of the required 90-day notice and submitted a hard copy of the e-mail message I sent a few minutes prior to the appointment. After the meeting, I also gave a courtesy call to my CEO.

Comment

On a scale of 1 to 10, this is a 1.5 in terms of stress level. I emailed an attachment while I was out of town with the subject "letter of resignation." Was rehired two years later. I would seriously not sweat this.

Comment

Thank you all so much. This has been super duper helpful, and I appreciate everyone's advice.

Any thoughts on the subject line for the email?
                              "I'm a quitter"

Comment

Working...
                              X