Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I asking for too much?

Family med southwest. Employed.
    on pace for 6000 wrvus, last yr hit 5700+. my contract year is aug to aug. Currently $44/wrvu. Payor mix 50% Medicare/Medicaid, 50% commercial. Rural area but tons of fp docs here.
    think my dollar per wrvu is low. 4 yrs out of residency. ThoughtS?

San Diego - employed w2 Academia. 36 hours clinic contact time+Epic which probably lands about 50hours total work ~4500rvus (no procedures) = 313k+pension+benefits.

Comment

[QUOTE=StarTrekDoc;n323367]San Diego - employed w2 Academia. 36 hours clinic contact time+Epic which probably lands about 50hours total work ~4500rvus (no procedures) = 313k+pension+benefits. [/

R u Family med?

Comment

I'm FM but salaried so not much help. But that is below median wrvu comp and you are an above average producer. The problem is all salaries are highly local... best comparison is to see what the competition is paying and go from there.

Comment

Im

Yes, get local comps like familydocPA said.

Comment

You could always see more patients.

What is your loaded salary ie , healthcare, retirement , quality bonuses ?

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
              You could always see more patients.

What is your loaded salary ie , healthcare, retirement , quality bonuses ?
              I’m at 20-25 pts per day. I could probably do more if I had a scribe..

don’t get 401k contribution or quality bonuses(although admin sure does bug me about it). Healthcare around 6k.

Comment

I agree it's local. Why pay more if no one else is or if there's lots of supply. If it makes you feel any better my $/rvu is a tad lower than that but it's still the best deal around me, not just financially but support, culture, etc. It's not always about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by cards67 View Post
                  I agree it's local. Why pay more if no one else is or if there's lots of supply. If it makes you feel any better my $/rvu is a tad lower than that but it's still the best deal around me, not just financially but support, culture, etc. It's not always about the money.
                  you’re in Cards making less than $44 bucks an rvu??? I can’t imagine how great that culture is to make you happy with that. Wow. Crazy to see such discrepancies online.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance View Post

you’re in Cards making less than $44 bucks an rvu??? I can’t imagine how great that culture is to make you happy with that. Wow. Crazy to see such discrepancies online.
                    Someone has to be in the bottom 5%

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance View Post

HCOL, desirable area near family. We're very comfortable.
                      Last edited by cards67; 03-07-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I think your wRVU is more dictated by the area and type of practice environment. You might not have some leverage to negotiate a raise , but I would think it would be quite limited.

I tend to be fairly productive with around 8000 wRvu per year. Our structure is different wRVU x 60 + quality bonus ( works about to be and additional 20% of total) + 401k match + profit sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Someone has to be in the bottom 5%
                          Ouch

Comment

Working...
                          X