X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• childay
    replied
    Originally posted by ddoc79 View Post
    I am a 32 year old general dermatology attending. I am 6 months out of residency. I work for a private equity group in the Midwest. My base salary is $400k and I am trending to hit a $30-50k bonus for year 1, bringing my total comp to $450k I work 4.5 days per week in the clinic, seeing about 150 pts per week with 8-10 of those visits being excisions.

I work with a derm NP who has been practicing for 7 years who is currently being overseen by another doc in my group. The NP is humble, experienced and asks good questions. My contract states that I get 4% of any collections she brings in if we sign a collaborative agreement. I would have to sign off on 10% of her charts. This is something I requested, my company did not request it. Other doc is totally fine with it. I received the Agreement yesterday and I've looked it over.

Any advice with these agreements? Anything I should be on the lookout for? It's 3 pages long, pretty understandable. Do I really need to pay an attorney to look at this three page document?

Any feedback on the following clause (why 8 years?):

"Physician and APRN each agree to maintain copies of this Agreement, any and all amendments, all protocols and standing orders and amendments and modificiations thereto and any notice of termination of this Agreement for a minimum of 8 years after termination of this Agreement"
    If you know the woman clinically it's not as much an issue. For me I don't want to be stuck trying to supervise some random person who either is incompetent or unwilling to have feedback, or both.

I wouldn't worry about the 8 years sounds like they just don't want you to shred/delete the document which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

Otherwise will defer to other derms re: compensation and working for PE

Leave a comment:

• runfast00
    replied
    Regulations are state specific I could give you advice but only applies to the state I practice in

Leave a comment:

• ddoc79
    started a topic Collaborative Practice Agreement Question

Collaborative Practice Agreement Question

I am a 32 year old general dermatology attending. I am 6 months out of residency. I work for a private equity group in the Midwest. My base salary is $400k and I am trending to hit a $30-50k bonus for year 1, bringing my total comp to $450k I work 4.5 days per week in the clinic, seeing about 150 pts per week with 8-10 of those visits being excisions.

I work with a derm NP who has been practicing for 7 years who is currently being overseen by another doc in my group. The NP is humble, experienced and asks good questions. My contract states that I get 4% of any collections she brings in if we sign a collaborative agreement. I would have to sign off on 10% of her charts. This is something I requested, my company did not request it. Other doc is totally fine with it. I received the Agreement yesterday and I've looked it over.

Any advice with these agreements? Anything I should be on the lookout for? It's 3 pages long, pretty understandable. Do I really need to pay an attorney to look at this three page document?

Any feedback on the following clause (why 8 years?):

"Physician and APRN each agree to maintain copies of this Agreement, any and all amendments, all protocols and standing orders and amendments and modificiations thereto and any notice of termination of this Agreement for a minimum of 8 years after termination of this Agreement"
Working...
X