Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardiology compensation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    That raises a good question. Are hospital per rvu rates typically standardized across the board and the exact same? Or do some people negotiated and say…. Yeah Im not taking 50$ per rvu, make it 53. I know some hospitals may approach it differently. But is standard practice to offer the same rvu system for all gen cards for example?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by medicoFIRE View Post
      That raises a good question. Are hospital per rvu rates typically standardized across the board and the exact same? Or do some people negotiated and say…. Yeah Im not taking 50$ per rvu, make it 53. I know some hospitals may approach it differently. But is standard practice to offer the same rvu system for all gen cards for example?
      Hospitals may negotiate different rates with different physicians, even if they claim that they are offering uniform contracts.
      Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

      Comment


      • #18
        My group all gets paid the same rate. It could be done differently elsewhere but it would certainly create discord if there's unevenness for doing the same work. But also I'd imagine it'd get rectified quickly when people re-negotiate their contracts.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by cards67 View Post
          My group all gets paid the same rate. It could be done differently elsewhere but it would certainly create discord if there's unevenness for doing the same work. But also I'd imagine it'd get rectified quickly when people re-negotiate their contracts.
          Unless the cardiologists talk to each other about their respective contracts, they don't know if the rates are different.
          Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

          Comment


          • #20
            People talk.
            our employee salaries are supposed to be confidential. Somehow they are not.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Notsobad View Post
              People talk.
              our employee salaries are supposed to be confidential. Somehow they are not.
              My colleagues and I have never discussed details of our compensation. I don't know their contracted $/wRVU or how many wRVUs they earn.
              Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by CM View Post

                Hospitals may negotiate different rates with different physicians, even if they claim that they are offering uniform contracts.
                This is soooo important. Hospital or academic. The standard reply is "non-negotialble, uniform contract". But they also forget to say, "the numbers can cnange" and if they really want to, they add an addendum. Like for "outside employment or interests" or "non-compete waivers". These typically involve "exemptions", translatiion is there was a negotiation and a modification. It is just business. Sometimes the internal governance requires different higher approvals.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CM View Post

                  My colleagues and I have never discussed details of our compensation. I don't know their contracted $/wRVU or how many wRVUs they earn.
                  Yeah I know some docs can be mum on this, but I talk to a lot of my colleagues, in other specialties too. Not just compensation but tips, tricks, insider knowledge, etc. Anything to help each other out.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The less employees/docs talk to each other about compensation, the higher the advantage to the insurance/hospital/company. The voodoo of knowledge of individual compensation only helps admin

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                      The less employees/docs talk to each other about compensation, the higher the advantage to the insurance/hospital/company. The voodoo of knowledge of individual compensation only helps admin
                      That is probably true for a physician earning less than colleagues, but not necessarily true for someone who has negotiated better terms. That is, it may not be true that the employer would be willing to pay everyone the amount that it pays the most effective negotiator.
                      Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        CM. Very true point. However top producers can very much negotiate even strong terms above the baseline. Information tide raises all boats.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X