FM - data for salary averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM - data for salary averages

Hello - wondering if anyone can help me out with some sources for salary data for FM. I'm attempting to renegotiate my salary and they asked for some data. I am aware of MGMA and AMGA but wondering about other sources or how others approach this.

I currently really enjoy my job, but make significantly less than the average despite my supervisor telling me I'm "crushing it." I guess that's the price you pay for academics... although I could do the same job with a competitor tomorrow and get a $50k raise. I used this as a bargaining chip as well. I suspect that the organization won't actually do much unless I actively threaten to leave, which is just an unfortunate reality.

How do you get paid? wRVUs? If so, you need to find out what the average $$/wRVU and how many wRVUs you generate.
    How many days a week are you seeing patient? Are you supervising resident clinics? Check this out. Where do you fit?
    https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/in...rritt-hawkins/

Comment

Rural? Some parts of PA paid quite well but were pretty remote

Comment

1. Academics is typically a sad place for compensation.
        2. I don't think there's anything stronger than local data and if the local competitor pays $50k more for a comparable job then that speaks volumes.
        3. Let me know where I can send your resignation letter.

Comment

"I used this as a bargaining chip as well. I suspect that the organization won't actually do much unless I actively threaten to leave, which is just an unfortunate reality."

Any employee has this issue. Not unique to academics, medicine or any other employed position regardless of the compensation structure. Why would you expect anything different?

Comment

Originally posted by SLC OB View Post
            How do you get paid? wRVUs? If so, you need to find out what the average $$/wRVU and how many wRVUs you generate.
            How many days a week are you seeing patient? Are you supervising resident clinics? Check this out. Where do you fit?
            https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/in...rritt-hawkins/
            Straight salary, for the most part. No RVUs.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
              3. Let me know where I can send your resignation letter.
              Hah! Yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                "I used this as a bargaining chip as well. I suspect that the organization won't actually do much unless I actively threaten to leave, which is just an unfortunate reality."

Any employee has this issue. Not unique to academics, medicine or any other employed position regardless of the compensation structure. Why would you expect anything different?
                Never said I expect anything different... pretty sure I said it's exactly what I expect

Comment

Originally posted by familydocPA View Post

Straight salary, for the most part. No RVUs.
                  Where do you fall in the range from that WCI article. Maybe use that to be in the middle? If you are salary, maybe stop "crushing it".... see how they like it? Salary disincentivizes you to work hard. Can you look at other's schedules and see how many more patients you see than they do? 20% more? 40% more? Then pay me that much more (would be a win for them as they do not have to pay benefits to another to get the same work out of you!). Or ask for a production bonus, if I meet this threshold, then I start making a bonus based on what I earn.

Comment

Originally posted by familydocPA View Post

Never said I expect anything different... pretty sure I said it's exactly what I expect
                    I would expect you to be much better compensated and appreciated in your new position. Very fortunate results. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                    X