Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have COLA for inflation in their contracts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have COLA for inflation in their contracts?

I'm in a hospital employed group right now, and our contracts are up for renewal. It looks like the next contract will be for a 3 year term. Some in the group have asked if there is any language one can insert in a contract to protect our salary from inflation in the case of run away inflation. Does anyone actually put this in contracts? What inflation index would you use? Does CPI over a certain amount trigger a raise?
    Personally I'm in the "fight for what you can get during negotiating, but once you sign that salary is set for the terms" type of person, not a lets reevaluate your salary based on market value yearly type, but this has peaked my curiosity.

You can ask for it but I’m sure there’s probably an out clause that they’ll exercise if it gets to that point. If we truly have runaway inflation then there will be bigger problems.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
      You can ask for it but I’m sure there’s probably an out clause that they’ll exercise if it gets to that point. If we truly have runaway inflation then there will be bigger problems.
      Be careful what you ask for is the point.

Comment

Working...
      X