Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only doctor left in practice. How do I negotiate with admin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Financemd8155 View Post
    If you bill by time using new EM coding >40 minutes spent is a level 5 follow up and that includes charting time!
    Just make sure you are detailed in the time spent. Cant just say "40 mins was spent with patient and/or patient care."

Comment

Originally posted by OUSOONERDOC View Post

Just make sure you are detailed in the time spent. Cant just say "40 mins was spent with patient and/or patient care."
      15 patients 8 hours = 32 min each - and that's assuming no total time coordinating care throughout the day. Time based should probably be reachable in majority of the cases at that clip. Remember the new rules is same day of service. Cannot be spread across multiple days. So if you clinic prep. Prep in the morning; not the night before.

Comment

I went from private practice to an direct RVU based system. So there is no administrative hours in the schedule. If I am not working seeing patients, I am usually out of the office doing something fun. I usually take care of the other issues between patients and at lunch.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the feedback. This has been very helpful and I appreciate it. It has been difficult being a new attending with not much guidance and not knowing what the norm is.

Comment

Its normal to feel overwhelmed and be slow at the beginning, really feel that by year 3 you hit your stride, its normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Meds1720 View Post
              Thank you everyone for the feedback. This has been very helpful and I appreciate it. It has been difficult being a new attending with not much guidance and not knowing what the norm is.
              And that's what admin (and private practices) prey upon when not led by a good corps of pragmatic leaders (imho).

Comment

Welcome to employed practice...

Agree with most of what is said.
                your not obligated to refill meds for patients you haven’t seen, btw that can put yourself at risk.
                make them schedule an appt for refills, forms etc. copays and such shouldn’t be a big deal as they’re likely on Medicare.
                20-25/day is the sweet spot and you should clear $250k easy. Most visits 99214

Comment

Working...
                X