Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation for level 3 ortho trauma call

Hi,
    Thanks in advance for for any input. I am looking to find out what others get paid for level 3 ortho trauma call. I know it will be variable, but I am trying to find some kind of range that is reasonable. My hospital is becoming level 3 trauma certified and my unpaid call will increase from Q6 to Q3 because now if you take call at another hospital at the same time you have to have a backup call person for the trauma hospital. We share the call duties with the group at the other hospital which is how we get to Q6. So this change seems worth being paid for.

thanks

I take calls at 2 different level 3 hospitals. One pays $1250/call and the other pays $1500/call. I might get a page at the $1250 hospital. I’ll usually get one or 2 surgical consults at the other hospital. The call stipend usually pays for my family’s vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorbone View Post
      I take calls at 2 different level 3 hospitals. One pays $1250/call and the other pays $1500/call. I might get a page at the $1250 hospital. I’ll usually get one or 2 surgical consults at the other hospital. The call stipend usually pays for my family’s vacations.
      Great rates. Not sure how common that is so I’m also curious about others’ experience.

I have the ability to take call at several different hospitals. None level 3 for a direct comparison. For a 24-hr call shift I get:
      $3000 for level 1
      $1200 for level 2
      $700 for a non-trauma designated hospital
      Last edited by abds; 07-01-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. That helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post
          $3000 for level 1
          $1200 for level 2
          $700 for a non-trauma designated hospital
          I’ve seen similar rates in Florida.

Comment

Working...
          X