Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interventional Radiology MGMA RVU rates Northeast

Hey,

Does anyone know the MGMA base RVU rates for Interventional Radiology in the Northeast? My practice is now paying me a low base salary plus $/work-RVU model. I have no idea if I'm being paid fairly or not in terms of the $/RVU.

Thanks
    Last edited by skk44; 06-23-2021, 04:45 AM.

Whatever it is, its not enough. IR has fully taken over my hospital. You guys are more efficient and do everything. All specialties punt to you for whatever reason. Pulm even punts chest tubes. I tell all my pre-lim rads residents to do IR. You are taking everyones business. Bravo. Once you steal interventional cards ill truly be impressed though.

Comment

If you just do procedures and don't read any imaging studies you will have a big drop in RVUs compared to diagnostic rads. We have several IR rads that are very productive doing procedures and reading imaging exams. The days they are on a pure diagnostic shift their RVUs > their procedure days and it's not close. We assign IRs a lower RVU target.

My group pays diagnostic and IRs the same. The hospitals need a doc to do procedures onsite so it's not optional. The IRs in the group read a lot more diagnostic exams than most IRs out in practice. Group monitors RVUs so there is no loafing.

Comment

Originally posted by skk44 View Post
        Hey,

Does anyone know the MGMA base RVU rates for Interventional Radiology in the Northeast? My practice is now paying me a low base salary plus $/work-RVU model. I have no idea if I'm being paid fairly or not in terms of the $/RVU.

Thanks

-Dennis
        You may want to ask Vagabond. He was IR for > 20 years.
        Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdoc View Post
          Whatever it is, its not enough. IR has fully taken over my hospital. You guys are more efficient and do everything. All specialties punt to you for whatever reason. Pulm even punts chest tubes. I tell all my pre-lim rads residents to do IR. You are taking everyones business. Bravo. Once you steal interventional cards ill truly be impressed though.
          Must be local. That is definitely not happening here

Comment

Working...
          X