telemedicine firm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telemedicine firm?

Hi, I'm a psychiatrist currently in academia. I've realized that I actually don't want to stay in academia (not a big fan of research, don't like that compensation is not as high as private hospitals, etc).. I've actually been enjoying telepsych visits which actually is a big surprise to me (when COVID hit and hospital switched to telepsych mode, I thought it would be a shitshow and I'd hate it but this was a pleasant surprise). Does anyone work for a telemedicine company that they would recommend? thanks!

Curious about this too...

Comment

Bump - any experience out there?
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

TelaDOC, MDLIVE, AMWELL to name a few;

Comment

Anyone know of any non-profit companies?

Comment

I looked into quite a few of the telehealth companies a half year or so ago, and got fully credentialed with at least one of them, but for most of them, there were deal-killing clauses in their contracts (mostly related to liability coverage) that they weren't willing to budge on. Ultimately, even for those that didn't have such clauses, there seemed to be this race towards the bottom in terms of payments to the physician. I never ended up doing any work for any of them as it just didn't seem to be worth my time and effort. I could certainly entertain pursuing this further if there were a compelling opportunity.

Comment

You can set up your own telemedicine practice. It is nothing different than in-person visits for psychiatry. You do not need any telemedicine company. You need an EMR, services like doxy.me and a laptop. Check your state laws. You might be able to test it out part-time while at your current job, if it works switch to full-time...good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X