Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract vs Offer letter

Hi All,

After negotiating on a few things, a prospective employer added the new terms/stipulations to my offer letter. I am wondering how legally binding the offer letter is and if I need to make sure all these things are added into the contract as well.

Thanks

The contract is the legally binding document. Get everything in the contract.

Comment

Definitely get it in the contract. I believe most contracts have some sort of standard language that explicitly states that the only things agreed to are the things in the contract and anything outside of the contract is not enforceable (or something like that).

Comment

They will usually add addendums to the end on negotiated items as the first ten pages of the contract may be standardized.

Comment

Offer letters can be rescinded. Typically, without any penalty. Any penalty would be a “breakup fee” which would unusual.

Contract is the final answer. They changed your first offer letter. They can change it again.
          Contract 100%.

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

Comment

Agree with others in that the letter of intent is not binding and will be the starting point for negotiating what you want in the actual contract.

Comment

Working...
              X