Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread for ophthalmologists in solo practice or looking to start a solo practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yowza
    replied
    Just sent out updated email to those in group regarding equipment available for purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Yowza
    replied
    Originally posted by Eyedentist View Post
    Hi! Not starting a new ophtho practice, but currently in the process of buying an existing practice from a retiring doc in So Cal. Would love to be part of the group to discuss things, etc...
    PM me your email and I'll add you.

Leave a comment:

• Eyedentist
    replied
    Hi! Not starting a new ophtho practice, but currently in the process of buying an existing practice from a retiring doc in So Cal. Would love to be part of the group to discuss things, etc...

Leave a comment:

• chocolatebear11
    replied
    Yowza im also interested in following. I’m looking to take another route in buying a practice

Leave a comment:

• Yowza
    replied
    That sounds like a good idea, but, no, I'm using a loan with a favorable rate and a HELOC for start up costs for equipment. PM me your email and I'll include you in our correspondence loop for equipment that may come up for purchase and our discussions on EHR and other relevant issues.

Leave a comment:

• I-doc
    replied
    Hey, I had messaged saildawg a little while back in response to a thread he had started. I am definitely not as far along as you both, but I have/am looking at the possibility of starting a small solo ophtho practice. I am likely not helpful to you guys since you are already in the process of starting up, but I would love to stay tuned as you navigate that process. I have really enjoyed reading the free content on solobuildingblogs.com as mentioned above. One thing that I have been recently looking into is the possibility of using a local hospital's physician recruitment program as a way to fund my start up costs. Since, I am newly out of residency this might be the only way I would be able to consider a startup due to the lack of capital and student loans. Basically, a hospital would give a forgiveable loan for start-up costs and possibly guarantee a base salary for a time period. Have you all by chance looked into that?

Leave a comment:

• Yowza
    replied
    Yes, we're both trying to get into that group but haven't signed leases yet (a requirement for getting into the group). Are you in the group? Solo oph yourself I take it?

Leave a comment:

• ttc99
    replied
    Hopefully, you have already seen this website. Good luck!

https://solobuildingblogs.com/

Leave a comment:

• Thread for ophthalmologists in solo practice or looking to start a solo practice

saildawg and I are in the process of opening ophthalmology practices in GA and IN respectively. Any other forum members in that phase of their career or recently started an oph practice? Looking to share info and hivemind some of the issues we're dealing with in this process.
Working...
X