Medical chart review as a side gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical chart review as a side gig?

I work full time but have time on the side. I'm looking into maybe doing some chart review for insurance company or independent review organization.
    Can someone recommend some companies that they have had good experiences with?

Why is this better than picking up an extra shift?

Comment

I would be interested in more info as well. Many doc's are employed and under a compensation plan where picking up an extra shift is not an option, or RVU's are annualized so picking up a shift every once in a while would not change their annualized RVU's significantly so they would not get paid for it.
      I'm definitely interested in hearing more about expert witness/chart review opportunities.

Comment

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/me...xpert-witness/

Comment

looking to revive this old thread and not make a new one. searched on here and physician philosopher. i just finished reviewing my first case which initially has consisted of chart review of ~400 pages. My fee schedule is hourly for chart review. Do firms expect a certain number of pages be read/reviewed per hour?

thank you!

Comment

I cant think of anything Id rather do less with my time away from patient care than digging into more charts

EDIT: That said, I respect the hustle

Comment

Originally posted by BlueWildcat321 View Post
              looking to revive this old thread and not make a new one. searched on here and physician philosopher. i just finished reviewing my first case which initially has consisted of chart review of ~400 pages. My fee schedule is hourly for chart review. Do firms expect a certain number of pages be read/reviewed per hour?

thank you!
              Can you elaborate a bit regarding how you lined this up, etc?

Comment

Does anyone know if there is any liability associated with a position like this? What is the typical pay and amount of work required?

Comment

Working...
                X