Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scribes, Intake process, Covid-19

Hi all,

I have been using Saykara for the past several months to do my notes. Has been reliable and helpful to scribe notes virtually/electronically without having an extra person in the exam room - especially now with infectious concerns. (Anyone interested in Saykara - please DM)

I am now looking into various products to improve our intake process (i.e. all the annoying papers that patients have to fill out) for efficiency and hygiene purposes.

Notable and Curogram are the leading contenders in my search. Phreesia, Luma, Mend considered but various issues. Certainly do not recommend the customer service at Luma.

Anyone happy with Notable?

Thanks in advance

Update-
    I have found that these software companies trying to sell products to physicians radically overpromise and underdeliver. Expect the worst.

Notable in particular has highly unethical business practices, rather disappointing

Buyer beware

Comment

I am always looking for something better. Currently I use Dragon and macroexpress.

How does Saykara work , and what is the cost ?

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
        I am always looking for something better. Currently I use Dragon and macroexpress.

How does Saykara work , and what is the cost ?
        OPs initial post was june 2020, then update was 3/18/21 it sounds like he found these companies to be predatory.

Comment

I have been using MModal fluency direct and have been pleased. It would be a competitor to dragon.

Comment

We use MModal in the hospital too, works well for the most part. Sometimes laggy but not sure if that's the program or the computer.

Comment

Dragon involves you dictating, and then you immediately see the transcription. You need to navigate to different parts of the EMR to dictate into the correct area.

Saykara you simply dictate into the app. Then they use a combination of AI transcription and human checking to turn your words into text and automatically insert them into the appropriate area of your EMR. Goodbye clicks and copy paste.

My EMR is incredibly clunky and annoying to navigate and also not all that fast to load different screens after each click, so I think that I am saving time using Saykara avoiding that and definitely I do fewer clicks and keyboard activity which I like. However, it does involve a monthly cost. Pricing is more than buying dragon but way less than having an in person scribe. I’m not sure I’m supposed to post the cost but more than 1000, less than 1500 monthly through a reseller. Happy to discuss more by PM

Comment

I have been using premed or prenursing college students to help me scribe. I do understand the concerns with infection control. The cost is alot less with a college student than a professional scribe but there is a big learning curve. I get around this by having one student train the other. After about 2- 3 months, they are well worth the effort and cost. They also get some clinical experience in seeing patients so its a win win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC MD View Post
                  I have been using premed or prenursing college students to help me scribe.
                  I want to thank you for using a privately trained and hired scribe rather than one of the predatory national scribe companies. I applied to work for one a few years back to get experience for medical school applications. It's essentially a taste of what working for a private equity run hospital/CMG is like. This is unsurprising since the one I trained with was run by Team Health (who I've vowed to never work for once I'm graduated). My issues:

1. Everyone I talked to was a (newly minted) MBA who just spewed corporate jargon
                  2. They constantly told us we were valued which is why wages were so generous (ironic since hourly was literally the least they could legally give -- Federal minimum wage)
                  3. Their scribing contracts with the hospital paid $17/hr (over double scribe wage)
                  4. It was frequently emphasized that this was an entry level position and we should be lucky to be getting paid anything while receiving valuable experience
                  5. On boarding involved an unpaid 40 hour, week long training course
                  6. At the completion of the course I was told they'd made mistake in setting up my account and I'd have to redo the whole thing (I told them where to shove it and got accepted to med school anyway)

TL;DR the national scribing companies appear to have taken their private equity model of exploiting the physician workforce and applied it to exploiting the pre-physician pipeline. While I'm sure there's more headache involved for you, cutting out the middleman really helps these aspiring students earn a reasonable wage and hopefully learn to value their time and skills appropriately.

Comment

I have been using premed or prenursing college students to help me scribe. I do understand the concerns with infection control. The cost is alot less with a college student than a professional scribe but there is a big learning curve. I get around this by having one student train the other. After about 2- 3 months, they are well worth the effort and cost. They also get some clinical experience in seeing patients so its a win win situation.
                    I would really like to be able to do this. I have a scribe at one hospital but she works with me really only there. I cover at a second hospital so I would like to have a second scribe or a PRN if I get a lot of secondary work. So I would prefer to find another premed type student. How do you find yours?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeypsych View Post

I would really like to be able to do this. I have a scribe at one hospital but she works with me really only there. I cover at a second hospital so I would like to have a second scribe or a PRN if I get a lot of secondary work. So I would prefer to find another premed type student. How do you find yours?
                      hockypsych, welcome to the forum

To answer your question: I do pay them $12/hour so for a college student this is quite attractive. I spoke to one of the officers of the premed and prenursing clubs on the campus of the local university. They posted the job openings and they also spoke with each other.

Comment

hockypsych, welcome to the forum

To answer your question: I do pay them $12/hour so for a college student this is quite attractive. I spoke to one of the officers of the premed and prenursing clubs on the campus of the local university. They posted the job openings and they also spoke with each other.
                        Thank you stalked for a long time but this one hit close to home and something that would help me have more free time.

Appreciate the advice thank you

Comment

I’m primary care , I was using dragon but the delay was annoying. It also froze everyday atleast once. IT couldn’t help so now it’s collecting dust. I do well by using text macros and I also decreased my documentation to what is needed to bill and address potential liability

Comment

Working...
                          X