• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• childay
    replied
    Originally posted by NewRad View Post
    Hello,

I recently completed my first locums assignment as a Radiologist covering a smaller hospital for a week. Overall, it was a difficult but rewarding experience.

I was quoted a rate for an 8 hour shift, with a similar per/hour rate for overtime. I ended up working 8 hours overtime (or an extra day) over the week. The hospital refuses to pay me for overtime, as they say it was not pre-agreed. However, my contract clearly lists an hourly rate for overtime work (at 15 min increments).

Do I just except that I got screwed and take this as a lesson not to ever put in any extra time? How hard do I fight it? Do I threaten legal action?

I would imagine that if I decided NOT to come one day, they would threaten me with breach of contract and legal action. How is this different?

Has anybody run into this problem before?

Any advise would be appreciated!
    They are arguing that the contract doesn't stipulate overtime rate or that they didn't say you could work extra time
    Does contract stipulate what circumstances you would work extra?

Leave a comment:

• NewRad
    started a topic Locums Overtime

Locums Overtime

Hello,

I recently completed my first locums assignment as a Radiologist covering a smaller hospital for a week. Overall, it was a difficult but rewarding experience.

I was quoted a rate for an 8 hour shift, with a similar per/hour rate for overtime. I ended up working 8 hours overtime (or an extra day) over the week. The hospital refuses to pay me for overtime, as they say it was not pre-agreed. However, my contract clearly lists an hourly rate for overtime work (at 15 min increments).

Do I just except that I got screwed and take this as a lesson not to ever put in any extra time? How hard do I fight it? Do I threaten legal action?

I would imagine that if I decided NOT to come one day, they would threaten me with breach of contract and legal action. How is this different?

Has anybody run into this problem before?

Any advise would be appreciated!
Working...
X