Locums Overtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post

When they tell you they will pay overtime, your next question should be, "When do you want me to stay for overtime, and who decides? If my shift ends at 4 and a stat CT comes in at 3:59, do I leave at 4 or stay for OT?"

For physicians, I feel we need to take care of the patients first, and that means staying to sign out or to finish a note without demanding extra pay.

However, for a radiologist, I would think that completing the read on the study that came at 3:59 and then leaving at 4:05 is reasonable. If there are more stat studies to be read beyond that time, they need to pay OT or send those leftover studies to the teleradiology service.
    110% agree. Sometimes, I think that communication is becoming a lost art. Not blaming millennials, as the older generation has just as much responsibility.
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post
      However, for a radiologist, I would think that completing the read on the study that came at 3:59 and then leaving at 4:05 is reasonable.
      The problem not all studies can be read in 6 minutes. The study that shows up at 3:59 is more often than not some post op disaster.

Comment

Working...
      X