locums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locums

Quit my job today. It was a tough day! Looking for locums temporarily prior to finding something more permanent. Any recommendations on which companies to use or avoid? Any tips on locums negotiations. Looking in Tri-state for endocrine.

I’d network, call hospitals directly, and avoid agencies if you can help it. My least favorite agency from personal experience has been Barton. YMMV.

Comment

I don’t have anything useful, but did you just up and quit office space style or was this preplanned? If the former, I’m sure you don’t want to share the details on a forum, but I wish you would.

Comment

It tends to vary by specialty as far as what agencies are better than others. Can also vary by region. So I'm not much help with tri-state endocrine.

I can say that the national multi-specialty agencies tend to keep a large chunk of what the hospital / group gives them (30% go 40%).

If you're willing to negotiate on your own, you may get to keep more of the money, but you'll be responsible for everything on your own -- malpractice, travel expenses, what to do if they cancel the job on you, etc... whereas the agency will provide all of that and be your advocate (at a cost).

Pros and Cons of Locum Tenens Work

Comment

1. Find locums job
          2. Quit

Comment

We really recommend you diversify. Use them all and learn what your worth! It's up to you to learn the system: rates, assignments, and landmines can be variable with each. Also, know your worth as a highly trained physician and negotiate with confidence!
            jfoxcpacfp
            Last edited by jfoxcpacfp; 02-21-2020, 05:26 PM. Reason: Removed self-promo link at bottom of post

Comment

Working...
            X