Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTE

Hello,

Currently weighing two different PCP contracts that have been offered to me. They are nearly identical except for one offer defines 1 FTE as 36 clinical hours and the other as 32 hours. Both have the same guaranteed salary the first two years and compensation subsequently will be RVU based. I'm uncertain how important this difference in 32 vs 36 hours is.

Since my income will be RVU based after the first two years, won't I just simply be earning less if I see patients for 32 h vs 36 h a week? Should I be weighing this as a significant factor as I consider the options. Is the 32 h = 1 FTE truly more physician friendly?

Thanks team

Originally posted by Gamer X View Post
    Hello,

Currently weighing two different PCP contracts that have been offered to me. They are nearly identical except for one offer defines 1 FTE as 36 clinical hours and the other as 32 hours. Both have the same guaranteed salary the first two years and compensation subsequently will be RVU based. I'm uncertain how important this difference in 32 vs 36 hours is.

Since my income will be RVU based after the first two years, won't I just simply be earning less if I see patients for 32 h vs 36 h a week? Should I be weighing this as a significant factor as I consider the options. Is the 32 h = 1 FTE truly more physician friendly?

Thanks team
    Perhaps it’s more relevant with regards to vacation than to earning power?

Comment

You can always work more now. But if you ever want to work less or take time off it would be nice to have the lower number.

Is it a PTO system? If so will they buy back PTO? That is my case and it is nice to be compensated for working extra. But I would not want to do it forever.

Comment

s"32 h vs 36 h a week" Also depends on the flexibilty of the clinical hours. Adding a 1/2 day means clinic 5 days per week. Sure screws up long weekends!

Comment

Is the payment per rvu or rvu expectations the same? Appointment length difference? Pto difference? Most pcps I know do not enjoy more than 32 clinical hours so that would be my preference. I’m not rvu based though so not sure how it compares.

Comment

Originally posted by EH View Post
            Is the payment per rvu or rvu expectations the same? Appointment length difference? Pto difference? Most pcps I know do not enjoy more than 32 clinical hours so that would be my preference. I’m not rvu based though so not sure how it compares.
            RVU expectations are nearly identical, as is payment per RVU

Comment

Work harder in less time. Make same money. Go home earlier. If you aren’t making more chances are you’ll have the option to work more. Harder to work less than contracted.

Comment

Thank you for the input. Would any other PCPs mind sharing the equivalent of an FTE for them?

Comment

Working...
                X