Red Flags in Negotiations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinner654 View Post
    What are the red flags you would be watching for in negotiations?

I have one place who will not state how many days per week/hours worked in the contract

What is a reasonable non compete in a mid sized city?? Should it be around every location you work? If they won't budge on that, should it be a dealbreaker?
    If other places spell it out then this place should spell it out.
    If a Non compete would make me move if I left my job it would be a deal breaker. I love being 3 miles from my office but if I had to drive 20 miles I would be able to do that for a time while I figured it out. I would not want to drive 50 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner654 View Post

I have one place who will not state how many days per week/hours worked in the contract

What is a reasonable non compete in a mid sized city?? Should it be around every location you work? If they won't budge on that, should it be a dealbreaker?
      They should be willing to document some kind of work expectations. Some combo of days/week, contact hours, normal office hours, call frequency. If they cannot, why not? Also what locations you'll be working at. More than one pal of mine has spent a lot more time at less desirable satellite locations when someone quit/got sick/etc.

Non compete depends on what you would want if this job doesn't work out. Would you want to move? Or stay?

Comment

Working...
      X