X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StateOfMyHead
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I would argue any time that affects what I can do in my personal time is considered work time. Every second of call meets that definition.
    Very true, this is an acute population so the phone will be ringing. It is an usual situation for me as I generally come in with a stronger negotiating mindset and am more willing to walk if I don't get exactly what I want. This job would be a vast improvement over current situation so I don't want to make it contentious but nor do I want to agree to something that I will regret when the shiny new job smell wears off.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post
    Tim exactly, creativity will likely be the key. Not surprising I'm aiming for the least amount of additional call hours to qualify for benefits and admin is trying for the most hours they can from me.
    I would argue any time that affects what I can do in my personal time is considered work time. Every second of call meets that definition.

Leave a comment:

• StateOfMyHead
    replied
    Tim exactly, creativity will likely be the key. Not surprising I'm aiming for the least amount of additional call hours to qualify for benefits and admin is trying for the most hours they can from me.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    commented on 's reply
    If that gets you to the hours needed to qualify for benefits.

• StateOfMyHead
    replied
    Originally posted by Bmac View Post
    If you’re on call, aren’t you effectively on the clock? Presumably you have to be available at any time. How does it matter if you are on-site or off?
    Excellent point although unfortunately at my jobs offsite call isn't compensated at the same rate as if you are required to remain or return to the hospital. Actually that might be a helpful comparison as offsite call generally pays ~25% of onsite call.

Leave a comment:

• Bmac
    replied
    If you’re on call, aren’t you effectively on the clock? Presumably you have to be available at any time. How does it matter if you are on-site or off?

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    I would translate it into the amount of hours that would make me eligible for the benefits package. I would actually start higher and if they balk then I would bump it down to a number that still meets the threshold.

Leave a comment:

• StateOfMyHead
    started a topic Call to Hours valuation

Call to Hours valuation

Anyone have experience translating off-site call time into work hours? I'm negotiating a part-time position that doesn't meet the facility's minimum weekly hours to qualify for the benefits package.I can add offsite call time and they are open to considering counting a portion of that toward the minimum required hours for a benefited position. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X