Mandatory arbitration policy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory arbitration policy?

Someone within the company came to me yesterday asking that I sign an online mandatory arbitration policy, and that it needed to be done by the end of the day. Apparently I (and a few other employees) had never done so, which they found 'on an audit'. Seemed a little suspicious given the recent change in legislature with AB51 which would force companies (in California) to end the practice.

Do you have this policy at work?

My hospital contract has an arbitration clause yes. What did the policy they showed you say?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	167495

Comment

That sounds... questionable. Definitely stronger waiving of your rights than my contract

Comment

How much more will you get paid per year if you sign this?

”Oh, I expect that you’ll continue to treat me in a fair and even handed manner, so there really is no need for me to sign this, right?”

Comment

Ask if your lawyer can view it, etc...etc...or if they would like to continue to pressure you under duress and without proper time to review, is it take it or leave it, etc...some of the basic contract law buzzwords that they are potentially infringing upon.

Comment

In my many years of dealing with hospitals and large groups any time I was told I needed to sign something before the end of business I was being screwed over.

Comment

Whats the penalty for not signing the agreement? Its basically an addendum to your current contract, which if you dont sign I believe means you just continue working under your current terms until the contract is up. (check with a lawyer first about that). How many years is your contract and is it automatically renewable at terms end? Can they afford to lose you if you dont sign? Sometimes we forget that we are also in a position of power depending on your group/company- are interviewees lining up for a chance to work for your company or is your company actively trying (and failing) to recruit or retain people year after year? Answering that can give you a clue into how much power you may have to refuse this agreement.

Comment

Contract is three years, it's my second time around on it, and as far as I can tell, they can't afford to lose me. I've had a lot of leeway with many other things, we'll see how intently they push on this - so far, haven't heard from them after I told the office person to tell 'corporate' that Dr Legobikes has questions about this.

Comment

I'd politely pass and continue on with my business. I'd prefer the court system be my arbitrator.

Comment

Working...
                    X