Pediatrician salary in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pediatrician salary in NYC

Any thoughts on peds salary in NYC with a FQHC (federally qualified health center)? My peds wife has 10 years of primary care experience and is evaluating offers. We dont have access to MGMA, so hoping to leverage the collective brain trust of you guys.

How many hours would she spend seeing patients? Assuming full time at an FQHC I would think around 200k would be the market.

Comment

I am family practice and in upstate NY but the pay for fqhc was awful up here. When I looked 5 years ago it was 130k. They expected me to see 36 patients a day and round on my inpatients. It was crazy. I went a few towns over to a hospital owned practice and make twice as much doing almost half the work. I hope things got better or are at least better downstate for you guys. Good luck

Comment

East median ~230. 5500 wRVUs

Comment

Originally posted by am100 View Post
          Any thoughts on peds salary in NYC with a FQHC (federally qualified health center)? My peds wife has 10 years of primary care experience and is evaluating offers. We dont have access to MGMA, so hoping to leverage the collective brain trust of you guys.
          What are the other offers? If you're looking in only NYC then the other offers (and more offers) would give you a better idea.

Comment

We work with several peds in NYC.. High COL, market salary seems to avg $200k on a good day (one just turned down an offer for $170k). Unless she goes out on her own, may be stuck ~ that level. However, there are definitely opportunities for creative business models for peds who think outside the box. A lot of high-income pro’s working there who don’t have time to sit in a doctor’s office when their child needs help. I cannot address the FQHC aspect, though.
            Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
            X