CME coverage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CME coverage question

Do CME allowances cover travel costs (ie plane tickets) usually?

Yes and hotel and meals

Comment

Yes, typically, but meal allowance may be segregated b/c meals are only 50% deductible to the employer.
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Mine does. But it is very explicit that it is for basic economy only and any upgrade has to be paid for by the doctor (or can use upgrade miles).

Since many airlines now have super basic economy (no carry ons, no seat selection) and regular economy, I have always gone with regular economy so I can carry on my bag and pick my (aisle) seat. Hasn’t been denied so far.

Comment

Alcohol ?

Just curious, have heard a few bar meetings and golf outings sometimes get squeezed in.

Comment

Mine does. But it is very explicit that it is for basic economy only and any upgrade has to be paid for by the doctor (or can use upgrade miles).

Since many airlines now have super basic economy (no carry ons, no seat selection) and regular economy, I have always gone with regular economy so I can carry on my bag and pick my (aisle) seat. Hasn’t been denied so far.

I got my flights to and from oral boards paid for in first class. Either they didn't care, or someone didn't look at my receipt very closely.

The actual reason I did it was because on my plane coach was 2 seats on each side of the aisle, and first class was 1 and 2. I wanted the single seat row so I could pump breastmilk without some stranger right on top of me

Comment

Alcohol ?

Just curious, have heard a few bar meetings and golf outings sometimes get squeezed in.

This varies by situation, in mine no. My previous employer green lit this as long as it wasn't over the top.

Comment

I got my flights to and from oral boards paid for in first class. Either they didn’t care, or someone didn’t look at my receipt very closely.

If I had to place a bet, I would bet that you got lucky - good for you!
                Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
                X