No announcement yet.

Help evaluating 2 job offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am co-owner and partner of a small group but moonlight for a large subspecialty group. I would never want to work for a large subspecialty group. Regardless of your status (owner, partner, xyz), they tend to treat you like an employee/cost center and you deal more with administrators than you care for. You are paying their salary - but usually they do not behave like it. Not every private group is democratic but at least you know after a while what the decision structure is. It is very difficult to be fair in a multi-spec group but as a subspec doc you seem to often have the shorter stick and subsidize more areas of the practice than others.

In both cases I would try to talk to former docs and get as much outside information about both groups. In my own search, I also was never given full access to all financials but enough and also got enough information from partners who had left about the financial and decision structure that I felt I made a solid decision. Your post sounds like you need still more information.

Comment

I would pick single specialty over multi specialty, essp since in this case single specialty is in lower COL, and pays better. Make sure to look at financials, as others recommend. On a different note - is your surgical specialty known to own ASC? If so then you are cutting yourself very short by joining a practice without ASC ownership.

Comment

Working...
      X