No announcement yet.

Update: Young Attending Neurohospitalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like administrators using the budget to hide behind an upfront answer.

Agreed.  Keep in mind hospital budgets are totally made up anyway.  Certainly that should have no bearing on your situation.

Comment

So if they came back to you with "the budget for this year is already settled," then you can come back to them with a proposal for a significant raise on 1/1/20.  Would that meet your needs?

Also, what else do you have lined up for work?  Have you been looking?  Your best negotiating position is being ready to walk with a better offer in hand.  Where do you stand in terms of alternatives to what you have now?

Comment

Also, what else do you have lined up for work?  Have you been looking?  Your best negotiating position is being ready to walk with a better offer in hand.  Where do you stand in terms of alternatives to what you have now?

There are 2 hospitals within the system that I have good relationships with leadership so I could likely easily transition into those roles. I have not probed much beyond some superficial conversations. I have a few hospitals that I will call once I get a sense of what direction this is heading. I want to stay in this region so I do not want to burn bridges by going on official interviews unless I am for sure leaving.

My honest backup plan though is to do locums and telestroke until a find a new permanent position. We just found out a few hours ago my wife had a miscarriage so I have a longer timeline than originally thought to do locums as a transitional period. I also really love the idea of doing telestroke from home.

then you can come back to them with a proposal for a significant raise on 1/1/20

I am told that the FY budget is effective 7/1/2019-6/30/2020

Comment

We just found out a few hours ago my wife had a miscarriage

sorry.  take care of yourself and your family.

Comment

We just found out a few hours ago my wife had a miscarriage
            Click to expand…

sorry.  take care of yourself and your family.

Oh my goodness, cannot imagine your suffering. So much sympathy flowing to you and your wife. I’m sure many others would say the same. Focus on priorities - what you are dealing with at work will be so inconsequential in a very little time. Again, so, so very sorry and hugs to your family.
            Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

So sorry to hear, please take care of your wife above all else.  The work stuff can wait.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. My wife is hanging in there. This was part of the motivation for actually "stepping up" and having the fortitude to ask for the renegotiation. I wanted to make sure my wife has the option to stay at home if she chooses. Looks like we have a bit more time to figure out the work/housing/family situation.

Comment

We just found out a few hours ago my wife had a miscarriage so I have a longer timeline than originally thought to do locums as a transitional period.

I'm really sorry to hear that. We were in your shoes late last year. If you need to talk feel free to PM me. Sending positive thoughts to you and your wife.

Comment

So, they've strung you along with a disingenuous 'the budget' charade, you continue to take on extra work as medical director for no pay, and you haven't formally sought another job?

They'll keep making money off you and stringing you along as long as you let them.

Neurohospitalists are in demand. Look around, I bet you can find a better situation for you and your family. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X