Letter of Intent Base Salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Intent Base Salary

Has this happened to anyone else? Was discussed guaranteed base salary over the phone for an outpatient FM position, and when I receive the letter of intent it says I will receive a base of 20k less than what they offered over the phone. $45/Rvu is still the same. (Small town. 90 min from metro area.) From what I gather, it seems like the rest of the offer is very mediocre to just not a good deal at best. (Loan repayment, sign on, vacation...) I’m pretty aggravated by this and don’t plan on signing anything until I have a contract group review this and give me some suggestions.

I would be frustrated by this as well, especially if I was interested in the job for other reasons. I would start by playing dumb and say hey I think the offer letter is wrong, we discussed X for base salary.

Comment

i would just assume they forgot what they said.  don't get aggravated by this at this point.

Comment

1) LOI
        2) Contract

If the LOI is incorrect, treat it simply as a continuation of your phone discussions. Getting “clarification” and any corrections is important. Pickup the phone.
        LOI should be reviewed as well as your contract prior to signing. You should proceed in good faith and assume good faith on the part of your future employer.

My question for you is, have you already “negotiated compensation “ and miscellaneous payments?
        What is your approach if during review the intent is to request increases? Do you plan on potentially requesting and increase in base ? My point is that tactics matter, don’t ask for $20k correction and leave them with the impression that base comp is settled.

“it seems like the rest of the offer is very mediocre to just not a good deal at best. (Loan repayment, sign on, vacation…)”
        Take you emotions out of negotiations. The LOI would be the start of the process.
        If that is the case, the call would be different. The contract review and your requested changes would include a number higher than was discussed on the phone.

Comment

Don't talk to us, go back and talk to them.

Comment

Speak with them. Mistakes do happen. Many times groups will use the same base LOI/contract and they may not have used it in many years and forgot to update it to what they spoke with you about.

Comment

Yeah some pencil pusher screwed up. Just have them send you a corrected one.

Comment

Even if it is a mistake this is pretty sloppy. Poor communication and diligence at the very least. This isn’t like someone forgot to restock the pop tarts in the doctors lounge.

Comment

Even if it is a mistake this is pretty sloppy. Poor communication and diligence at the very least. This isn’t like someone forgot to restock the pop tarts in the doctors lounge.

************************! You get pop tarts in the doctors lounge?

Yeah, OP, reconnect with the employer for clarification.

”Pardon me, but I believe there was an error in the LOI. Over the phone, I was told that the salary would be “x”, but in the LOI, it indicates “0.8x”.”

Comment

you guys have a doctors lounge?  we have providers lounge.   total food same, number of people using lounge doubled.

Comment

It says doctors lounge. But that’s true of 50% of the occupants.

Comment

Rumor has it “Executive Dining Rooms” are making a comeback in the healthcare industry. Available only to Senior Healthcare Administrators. Very valuable in recruiting and retaining key employees.

Hidden door access. Keep looking!

Comment

To answer some of the above, I did not negotiate any salary. This was just the description of the base given to me over the phone. I was actually planning to negotiate off of that since I’ve had a few more offers with slightly higher salaries, loan repayment. I didn’t want to negotiate back to what I was originally offered either. So I appreciate the fact that you brought up the the negotiations are not settled after we get back to what I was offered. It could be an honest mistake, but also I don’t want to be tricked into a contract either. If they can get the salary back to where it started originally, I will gladly send it over to a contract reviewer at that point to start our negotiations.
                          I laughed out loud at the pop tart comment.
                          Thanks everyone!

Comment

Tell them it’s 30k less than what they stated..

Comment

coffee is for closers!

Comment

Working...
                              X